Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Practice?


It's definitely a little difficult to say goodbye to one of the more liked members of the Nuggets, Answer. However, it didn't really seem fair to see Chauncey Billups's career take-off right after we got rid of him, especially since he's a D-town product (WHAT UP G-DUB!!!). Plus, the current cast of nug-pups haven't exactly been getting it donw the past couple of years, so mixing it up a bit isn't a terrible idear. As stated above, I do like AI and appreciate his desire to win, but I must admit I'm definitely looking forward to a nug squad that runs an offense that doesn't consist of dribbling around for 20 seconds just to throw up a contested 15 ft. fade shot. Best of luck answer, I for one would like to see you retire a few years from now with a ring (do you guys know Jerome Bettis is from Detroit?).

I'm still don't totally understand this whole Mac-Deez thing though.

6 comments:

IntramuralsBrother said...

I know this is a crazy theory, but I'm now becoming convinced that all Denver sports teams are rebuilding their teams from the late 90s and early 2000s. Avs, Noguts...all the sudden I'm going to be accepting a Bichette Happens T-Shirt and buying Romanowski endorsed EAS supplements. BTW, I'm pretty sure that DeathTruck after Beerfest is more articulate than Rex Chapman.

Sonic Tooth said...

Put in Plummer...and Billups.

NikB said...

Is that Asbate chiming in?

IntramuralsBrother said...

You betcha. The question is, do you think Birdman is a three sport guy? Why does the Mile High city not have a Slamball team? The only two sports that I currently watch are Slamball and Battledome reruns.

TroutDog said...

I'd love me a Bichette Happens T-shirt!

That Nuggs game last night was good in the first half. Glad I fell asleep for the 2nd. While I agree with the goodwill to AI, I am also optimistic that things will improve with the shakeup. Please run an offense and play defense.

I hear Shannon Sharpe is thinking of coming out of retirement to finish the season for the B'cos.

Akensee4miles said...

If, as Intramuralsbrother claims, sports teams in the Denver area are rebuilding with their old '90s roster then we should also see Curtis Bobb in the Hinkley T-birds lineup and Crosby suiting up for Chatfield -- there is no way those two graduated.