Friday, November 14, 2008

Face Boston!


A solid win tonight for the Nug-Pups. Nah, a more than solid win for the Nug-pups as they knock off one of the, if not thee, best team in the NBA. Pretty impressive considering it was on the road (first home loss for the Celtics), and it was a back-to-back night game for the Nugs, blowing one down the stretch to the Cavs last night.

I must admit I didn't watch much of last night's game, due to a combination of the Das Banquet and watching my Jets (wha?) get a nice little overtime W over Boston's beloved Pats. [Hence the title of the post... face boston! and face hoody! (OK maybe I'm still a little bitter about the world series and maybe the Broncos loss)]. But anyways, it's nice to see the N-Pups bounce back after a loss to a team that we normally kind of own.

After watching/ listening to most of tonight's game on FSN, I kind of put 2 and 2 together with the timing of this East Coast Friday night game and figured it was likely on ESPN, and switched over (I like biased announcers, but Barlowe...). Even the ESPN guys were given props to the Nuggets D; kind of weird. I must agree though, the D looked good tonight; I have no problem with Nene getting 5 steals during the course of a game. YB proves to be correct in his 09 Nene assessment (just as long as he stays healthy and out of foul trouble in my opinion).

Good W. Post-Billups trade Nug Pups are looking mighty nice thus far.

On a slight side note, the Taco Bell feed your Nugget fever deal sucks. A) with this more defensive oriented team, I don't see the Nuggets scoring over 120 points a whole lot this season, and B) paying over 2 bucks for 3 tacos and a drink ain't anything to write home about. (4 tacos for a dollar on the on the other hand, now that's a steal)

15 comments:

Sonic Tooth said...

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it.

TroutDog said...

That pic made me laugh out loud. Props DT. And I'm really growing to appreciate the beauty of the Shanny head getting chased by the Trump head thingamajig.

My goal for the end of the NBA season is to figure out the name of that new long braids Nugget player. I like his hustle. The problem is, I usually don't have the sound on when watching sports while doing other things. Like printing maiden Das Boot t-shirts. Damn, those things look sharp(e)! (And I had it on ESPN the whole time for the HD - obvi!)

Looks like AI's Motor City Madmen might be heading for a win in LA. Would be good to see.

Can someone get me a DU score? How does Bozak's line look for tonight? Help a brother out!

TroutDog said...

Shit, DU loses tonight 4-2 to St Cloud St. No points for Bozak. Lame.

Chain Lightning said...

Hot damn I love me some Nug pups. I also love me some K-Mart. His defensive skills are redic. His heath along with Nene's over the course of the season will be a HUGE factor.

Saw that Steven Hunter is out for at least 12 weeks. He may be a factor during the playoff push. The more bigs the merrier is what I always say.

Dog shiz out of a corn pipe is probably pretty harsh.

Sonic Tooth said...

TD, I've got a toddler sized yellow ringer blank waiting for some Das Boot printage.

K-Mart's post game interviews are what's really redic.

NikB said...

know what I'm saying?

Sonic Tooth said...

was that followed with an odd facial tic?

TroutDog said...

The printshop is certainly open. Pretty impressed with how the first print came out.

Sonic Tooth said...

are you doing any printing today?

NikB said...

Oh most definitely tic included.

Young Bear said...

On Kenyon, as a former (still) stutterer, I must defend the man. He had one of the most awful (as has been reported) stutters as a high school/college kid and has spent countless hours trying to make himself look semi-normal when confronted with a sea of camera and microphones. Sorry to be that guy, but.....

CL, his play was huge down the stretch v. BOS.

ST, do you have any more toddler, yellow ringers??!?!?

Young Bear said...

TD, Renaldo Balkman (ie Marion Barber)

He is exactly the type of player the Nugs needed to replace Najera.

Akensee4miles said...

Boy, I didn't realize that by living outside of the Lower 48 I would be so out of the poop - er loop. Did the World Champion Boston Celtics get a new logo?

Akensee4miles said...

Oh wait, is that Photoshopped?

Akensee4miles said...

I didn't realize that the NBA had officially switched to a new ball again.