Wednesday, December 3, 2008

There Ain't Shit On TV Tonight


With no Avs or Nuggs in action tonight, it was a harsh night to be in front of a TV set on a cold wintry evening. Had my computer not been flipping me the bird late last night, I was going to post about how the Nugg-Pups absolutely destroyed the Raptors. So much so, that I think I saw a blurb that their coach got shit-canned today. Nice work, fellas. My Nuggets are looking pretty fierce right about now, as long as they're not playing the Lakers or I don't have money riding on them (see: Thanksgiving evening).

In the midst of this Wed evening hellhole of a sports night (sorry, I can't get into College B-Ball in Dec, ESPN & YB), I did happen to catch a little of Nightmare on Elm Street 3 (I think). Shit, that took me way back. I was a fan of all of the first three versions. Seeing portions of that movie actually injected the same kind of fright in me normally reserved for seeing the B'cos defensive squad take the field. But, what was really alarming was seeing, I think, Johnny Depp in this movie. Now I'm no movie buff, but isn't he supposed to be some sort of premier actor? Really? He was in Nightmare on Elm St 3? And his character? Some rich teenager in a half shirt hooking up with the delusional poor chick across the street. Brilliant work. At least his role ended with him getting sucked into the mattress of his bed and Depp's blood squirting all over the room. Bravo.

TV better be better tomorrow night, or maybe it's time to schedule another Das Boot banquet.

9 comments:

TroutDog said...

And of course tonight's lineup is jammed packed! Avs at 6, My Raiders vs Marmalard at 630 and a hot Nuggs-Spurs game at 830. I feel like this lineup is well-deserved.

Sonic Tooth said...

Yeah. Last night was bleak. Very bleak.
FYI, Depp was in the first Nightmare on Elm St.

Go Avs, Raiders, and Nuggs...HUH?

Sonic Tooth said...

Wait a minute, does the Depp character's bedroom in that film still have posters of both J. Geils Band "Sanctuary" and the classic R.E.M. "Reckoning" promo poster (that now I believe is hanging in the former TD jam room in the basement?)

TroutDog said...

I didn't see those posters, but there was a lot of clutter on that kids wall! I just couldn't get my eyes off of the "Body Glove" poster. Hard to find a better way to date your movie than displaying Body Glove swag.

I did notice a Police poster in Nancy's room.

So, I watching Elm St 1? The cable guide for the Mojo channel said it was off the air, but I tuned in to that Elm St treat. The effects were pretty quality, so I figured 3. But, now that I think about it, there was no wizard or fat albert characters in it, so it must've been 1.

War the alcoholic mom with Freddy's knife glove wrapped up in her basement.

Young Bear said...

Fresh Kruger references.
I went college basketball, SURPRISE! And some Friday Night Lights on the 101.

No worries, TD. I wrote a post on slamonline about our thanksgiving day and the actual abundance of college hoops being watched/forced on by YB. I mentioned that although being huge sports fans/bloggers (and a couple links!)that you guys surely weren't into college basketball in Nov and probably not that much until you could fill out a bracket and put some money on it! The horrid NFL product that day, helped, as well.

Big game for me tonight is UCLA v. Texas on the duece at 7 MST.

Sonic Tooth said...

The Body Glove poster I think you are referring to is the J. Geils one in question. (look up J. Geils "sanctuary" on Amazon or something and you will see what I mean.)

TroutDog said...

Damn, that wasn't even a Body Glove poster! My subconscious must've duped me. Considering the rest of the decor in the room, it would've fit right in. I must admit, I was only half watching the movie, while doing other activities.

YB - Until my Buffs "return to dominance" on the hardwood and I have tangible rooting interest, it's tough, as you say, to get into the college hoops until I have some money on the line and Kenny Loggins is singing "This is It." And the Buffs got crushed last night.

TroutDog said...

Actually ST, if you look at the pic for this post, you can see that awesome REM Reckoning poster to the right of Depp that I proudly hang in my basement. And confirmed the J Geiles poster above the headboard.

Sonic Tooth said...

College basketball would infintely be more enjoyable with endless Loggins, "This is It"

this is it, make no mistake where you are...
this is it, your back's to the corner...
this is it, don't be a fool anymore...
this is it, the waiting is over...

(massive flashback to 79-80 and being a young dork watching the NCAA tourney.)

please don't ignore the Yacht Rock master, Michael McDonald's contribution to that track.