Sunday, December 7, 2008

Had You Worried, Didn't I?


That game was a little more stressful than probably necessary, but, in the end, pretty entertaining. Cutler's first quarter pick-six was ugly to say the least. I thought maybe we were witnessing another "I partied too hard down at Rise last night" performance from Cutler. But, the offense stepped up thereafter and the D played well enough to secure a much needed win against a crappy team. The magic number now stands at one with three games left. I say we just run the table and take the 2nd seed in the playoffs and a first round bye. Probably not realistic, but Shanny needs to keep the intensity high in the last few weeks, even if the division is clinched. This team is not a juggernaut and every win from here on out will only help their confidence and chances to actually make it past Round 1 of the playoffs.

9 comments:

Sonic Tooth said...

Yes Jay. You had me worried. You almost always do.

TroutDog said...

Pretty nice 2 points for the Avs tonight, considering the Canucks were leading with a couple minutes left in the game. Of course you hate to give them a point, is was looking like a regulation loss.

Sonic Tooth said...

2 points is nice. But I will now rant a point I imagine I'll repeat.

Budaj is not a #1 goalie. the Avs will never achieve real success with that delusion.

NikB said...

Ah snap! That hat IS the shiz-nit!

Someone needs to expalin to Shanny (and probably Cutler too) the importance of 2nd half time-outs, especially during close games. It didn't comeback and bite us in the ass today, but it definitely has in the past.

Just glad I didn't see an angry 'pitfall-dude' addition to the site.

That hockey team seems to play better with Raycroft between the pipes; could just be a coincidence though.

Sonic Tooth said...

I was thinking angry Dig Dug....

TroutDog said...

I agree, DT. What the hell was Shanny possibly thinking challenging that clear Gonzales catch. He didn't even seem to hesitate and confer with someone upstairs who could actually watch the reply. Yes, thankfully, it didn't come back to hurt us. Angry centipede?

I also that Budaj isn't a true #1, although he did play pretty well in the 1st when the Avs were getting dominated. Maybe if all playoff games are decided by shootout, then it would work out. Especially with my main shootout man Wolski in the lineup.

Sonic Tooth said...

Yeah, your boy Wojtek is straight money in the S.O. That can't be argued.
And you are right. He did stand fairly tall during that first period, one of those (becoming) routine stretches where the Avs look like they truly deserve to have one of the worst records in the West.
Put in Billington.

Angry Mr. Do? C'mon Broncos, don't make me dip into my immense catalog of 80's arcade characters to demonstrate my disatisfaction with a loss.

Sonic Tooth said...

...and by "He" I mean Budaj.

Put in Salo.

TroutDog said...

Put in Thibault!!

Hopefully there aren't enough '08-'09 losses for the Angry Galaga Mouse to make an appearance.