Monday, January 18, 2010

Some Love For The Avs


While things get even more bizarre in McBroncoland, it's way overdue to give a hearty shout out to the NW Division-leading Avs. But with such a sparse schedule as of late, it's been hard getting into the blogging rhythm. After a harsh loss in Carolina a week and half ago, the Avs rattled off three impressive wins against the Sabres, Flames, and Devils. If I'm not mistaken, all three of these teams were first in their respective divisions going into those games. Bravo Avs. Craig Anderson has been nothing short of amazing in these games. While there is still one period of play remaining tonight, I'm fairly sure we won't blow a 4 goal (check that, 5 goal, check that 6 goal) lead against the cellar-dwelling Oil. While seemingly every game this season is a one goal affair (win or loss) and had made for some very exciting hockey to watch, a laugher victory would be more than welcome.

Not only are the Avs playing well, but the Flames appear to be heading to yet another loss tonight at the Shark Tank, which I think would put us 4 points up on them with a game in hand. Maybe losing four games in four tries this season to the Avs has those dudes rattled......

I would be remiss not to also mention some pretty quality wins for the Nuggs as of late. Much like the Avs, their recent schedule has been on the light side, but some quality wins against Orlando and Utah may relieve some of the panic surrounding recent skid while Billups and Melo were injured.

All is well in Can-Land. Maybe Dove Valley should consider getting its shit together....

8 comments:

Sonic Tooth said...

well.....just as I was getting off my lazy ass to get my blog on after taking in an impressive 6-0 victory, someone else decides to do the exact same. good call.
most worthy....be it the Avs or the Nugs over the past few games.
that was a flat out domination of the Oilers this evening, and things do seem to be going their way elsewhere in the West. (go sharks)
Andy! Duchene! Liles!!!

what is up with the Broncos? Maybe they're targeting me to fill a spot on the coaching staff...is anyone left for fuck's sake?? (i've always been known for my brilliant defensive mind, so I'm leaving the ringer "on", on my phone)

TroutDog said...

I think the Nolan departure was related to the heat he was taking at the end of the season here on KTH. (ST: That AFL doc on hbo is great. I still have it saved.)

Next Avs game Fri? What the hell?

Now that sports blogging is back, look for a CU hoops post from DT soon.

Sonic Tooth said...

Besides that random Red Lobster comment to the Isiah post from about a month ago, I have nothing to make me believe DT isn't actually deceased.

TroutDog said...

I believe DT has been reassigned to a different territory and will be taking over a different corner of the country by storm. Just like he did the last one, and the one before that, and the one before that. Dude always has his "just in case" bag packed.

NikB said...

Sorry for the absence. I've actually been meaning to do a "why the hell isn't Craig Anderson on the Olympic team?" post. The dude's been ridic lately.

Things don't seem too good at Coors Event Center-land since the Baylor upset. Lost one last night to the cowpokes, though the game wasn't on the TV. Apup and I are thinking about going to the CU-Huskers game next week (and maybe going nodinger as well).

Sonic Tooth said...

yeah a bit of slide for CU men's hoops. how the fuck do I even know that?
i'm sort of putting all my eggs in the lady buffs' basket.

TroutDog said...

I will mention that they hung with K State, who then beat the top ranked Longhorns.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.