Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The 14ers have a genius in the promotions department


Back in Broomfield.
Phase 2 in me and mini-ST's minor-league tour extravaganza. Pretty fun game. Pretty sparse crowd (but maybe that is because the 14ers had already clinched home court?). William T. Goat doesn't take a night off let me tell you.
The main thing to report is this...whenever the 14ers score 30 pts in a quarter - beers are $2 bucks for the next 10 minutes at the upstairs lounge. As one can well imagine this is a crowd pleaser...how many hands you got? Fill them up with $2 beers. Against Albuquerque tonight it was a $2 beer freakout. 30 pts plus in quarters 1 through 3. WTF??? 52 in the 3rd. Beers shoulda been a buck. Mini-ST wishes there was some sort of Dippin' Dots discount promotion instead.
Final score = 14ers 155 -- Thunderbirds 129. Rather offensive.
In matters relevant....Nugs win again. Eventual playoff seeding could lend itself to eventual playoff success? That'd be cool...

2 comments:

Young Bear said...

ST-
AHHHH, I thought this trip was still a week away! Glad to you guys enjoyed the high-paced, ABA-style, run-n-gun action of the D-League-I'm still waiting for my call-up after my summer of '07 try-out.
That beer discount is magnificent.

Mini-YB was very curious about the picture of her cousin and that goat......

Sonic Tooth said...

I had similar thoughts of the ABA...