Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Team Fined by League Office


In a decision handed down by NFL Commissioner Roger Goddel, the Denver Broncos have been fined an undisclosed amount for their failure to comply with league wide standards for hairstyle. During last night's first Raider possession in the Denver/Oakland game, the Broncos starting defensive backfield was being introduced by defensive tackle Elvis Dumervil when it became apparent that the Broncos had failed to field at least one corner or safety with dreadlocks.


Goddel was into his seventh cup of homemade mochachinos when the atrocity was noticed, "I spit out the last sip of that sweet, sweet coffee. Not only was I upset that I had to ask my assistant, Reuben to make me another cup, but I was just flat out angry at (Broncos' Coach) Mike Shanahan. I mean, don't we all love Al Harris?"


Goddel also used the infraction to speak about his disdain for the bizarre request that ESPN makes for every season opening Monday night.


"Don't get me wrong, I like the night life, I like to boogie. But, that sh*t didn't start until 11 o'clock here in New York."


The Broncos immediately contacted the San Francisco 49ers about requiring the services of Walt Harris.

3 comments:

Sonic Tooth said...

a deplorable lack of dreads in the defensive backfield....
but a nice surplus of Eddie Royal on the other side of the ball!

TroutDog said...

Maybe one of the B'cos db's could wear one of those Manny dread skull caps under their helmet to make things right?

Sonic Tooth said...

well, they got that Williams guy playing in the defensive backfield now instead of Paymah, who has some scrawny little dreads. unfortunately Huard burned his ass numerous times this past weekend.
dreads may still be the answer...there has to be one, doesn't there?