Sunday, February 6, 2011

This Will Be the Last Time I Support You


I know that this is a Denver Broncos fanbloghumpfest but I am here to declare my support for thee Green Bay Packers as they are set to do battle with the Pittsburgh Steelers. I know that in the past I have made the mistake of publicly switching NFL loyalties from the Broncos to the Raiders on this blog (I'm back to the Broncos now. It was a mistake and I admitted it.) but I can justify my one day fan support for the Packers. Here is my reasoning:
  1. This is not the Brett Favre led Packers of old. I hated you in the 90's but now I'm backing you for one day in 2011.
  2. What happened the last time the Packers won a Super Bowl? That's right. The Broncos won back-to-back Super Bowls. Huh? Huh? It could happen.
  3. These Packers have done everything I have asked of them. I asked them to humiliate Jay Cutler and expose him for the backwards hat wearing, thumb-sucking, skippity-skippy-skip, interception hucking, pouting cry baby that he is. They did exactly that. (How's the knee Jay? Think you'll be there for Training Camp?)
  4. I hate the Steelers and their fans. Steeler fans are by far the most obnoxious fans that I have witnessed inside Mile High Stadium. Oh, how I hope they lose this game. By the way, they are the reason why Jake the Snake Plummer is playing handball at this very moment WITHOUT a Super Bowl ring.
Witness this, by wearing these here shoes I hereby hope the Packers win today.

PS. John Fox - If you're reading this today you should consider trading Tim Tebow to the NFC West. Thanks!

3 comments:

Sonic Tooth said...

Having spent a year at school in Green Bay and before that my formative years in Milwaukee I was certainly rooting for the Packers...pretty glorious win.

Love the Broncos back to back as a bad ass fact after the Packers/Pats SB.

TroutDog said...

All excellent reasons for Packer rooting. With zero LaDonnas in shouting distance, it was a simple decision. Big Ben looked like shit. Tap on Top was in the house...

cottasofia said...

That's really very nice blog it was really interesting reading this blog post Thanks for sharing with us this is a good read for me.
___
Murano Glass